25 Ways To Have Fun as a Family In Your Backyard
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post; I am a Kmart blogger, although all opinions are my own. #KMartSummerFun
This summer you can get outdoors and spend time with your family without having to leave your house. Here are 25 ways to have fun as a family right in your backyard! No matter your children's ages, and no matter what toys and equipment you own, there is something for everyone on this list!
1. Play on the swing set
2. Pull your kids in a wagon
3. Have a Nerf gun war
4. Cool off in a swimming pool – large or small
5. Have a water gun fight – you can use water guns or old squirt bottles you have lying around the house!
6. Enjoy a backyard picnic – we enjoy eating our lunch outside on a blanket or just sitting on the back porch with a treat.
7. Swing on a porch swing
8. Relax in a hammock
9. Make mud puddles and let your kids play in them
10. Run through the sprinkler
11. Play Kickball or soccer
12. Play catch with a baseball, football, or Frisbee
13. Teach your child to ride a bike
14. Go on a nature walk – I like to take the kids around to see how many different kinds of flowers, bugs, etc. we can find
15. Make a scavenger hunt for your kids
16. Build a campfire and roast marshmallows – when we clean up the yard, we'll burn the branches that have fallen.
17. Set up a tent – Sleep in it or just have fun playing in it during the day.
18. Plant a garden
19. Build a tree house
20. Set up a bird feeder – I especially love watching the hummingbirds!
21. Jump on a trampoline
22. Draw with sidewalk chalk
23. Exercise together
24. Blow bubbles
25. Lie in the grass and watch the clouds – this was one of my favorite things to do as a kid!
What would you add to this list? Do you have any favorite family activities that you do in your yard?
If you're looking to add some backyard toys to your collection, you'll find some good ideas on the KMart Hot Deals page!