25 Clutter Free Gift Ideas for Homemakers
“It was a nice thought, but I really don't need this. I don't want to get rid of a gift someone just gave me, but it's honestly just going to clutter up my house.”
Isn't that such a bad feeling?
I don't want you to have to feel that way this Christmas, so I came up with a list of 25 clutter free gifts for homemakers (things you'll actually use and love!) Now you'll have a go-to idea bank when your sister or husband asks what you want for Christmas.
You won't have to worry about any more unwanted gifts cluttering your house if your gift-giver gets wind of these ideas!
1. Restaurant Gift Cards – great for date nights or errand days
2. Etsy Gift Card – if you're wanting a specific accessory or home accent you'll be able to shop for exactly what you like.
3. Music/Audio- A voucher for some new music downloads, audiobooks, or dramatized stories to play as she does her housework is practical and clutter-free.
4. Weekend Away – A couple nights at a bed and breakfast with babysitting lined up would be an amazing gift for a husband to give his wife. (Find fabulous deals on weekend getaways on Groupon.)
5. Tickets to concerts, events, museums, etc. are great for date nights
6. Gift certificates – perhaps for a massage, manicure, or hair salon
7. A Kindle or some real books if she likes real books better
8. Digitizing old photos and videos- this is something many women would like to have done but hesitate to do it on their own due to the price. Legacybox is a company I've seen highly recommended.
9. Something needed – New vacuum, replace old kitchen or bath towels, etc.
10. Outside plants – shrubs, trees, blueberry bushes, etc.
11. Home improvement or home décor gift cards
12. Food gifts – cater to their dietary needs or to their favorite foods (gluten free, tea lover, coffee lover, chocolate lover, etc.) A Love with Food subscription box would be amazing!
13. YMCA/gym membership – only if she's expressed a desire for one! You don't want her to think you're dropping hints!
14. New cell phone – an upgrade would be a fun surprise
15. AAA membership
16. Home-cooked meals for the freezer – this might sound boring but it would be heavenly to a busy homemaker!
17. Maid service gift certificates – need I say more? You can find deals on Groupon sometimes.
18. Offer your time and services – painting a room, fixing a computer, cleaning out and organizing a garage, etc.
19. Menu planning service – Build a Menu is the one I use and recommend. You can purchase an entire year's worth of pre-made menus and save her loads of time!
20. Amazon Prime – This is sooo nice to have! Free 2 day shipping on every day items like groceries and diapers saves tons of time and stress. It's wonderful not to have to drag a bunch of kids to the store for those things.
21. Online class – If there's something she's been wanting to learn you can find online classes for almost anything. Craftsy is a good place to get classes on all kinds of things like cake decorating, sewing, photography and more.
22. Photo gifts – Women are sentimental creatures. Photo gifts are perfect. I have found that Tiny Prints has some very tasteful designs on their photo gifts.
23. Other sentimental gifts – For example, pay someone to make a quilt from sentimental articles of clothing.
24. Cute apron – I promise cooking is more fun when you look cute doing it! Check out Flirty Aprons for all kinds of cute designs.
24. This one is for you to decide! Let's put additional ideas in the comments so everyone can benefit!