How to Remove Crayon from Clothing
Preschool Boy + Pockets + Crayons + Washer + Dryer =
- Spray each crayon splotch with WD-40.
2. After you have sprayed the spots, place the clothing into the bathtub with the hottest water you can get. (It is very important to have your water very hot or you will end up with grease spots on the clothes.)
3. Let the clothing sit for a few minutes and scrape each spot with your fingernail. The crayon should come right off, along with some oil from the WD-40.
4. If you have tough spots, re-spray them and scrub them some more with your fingernail. When you have removed all or most of the spots, put the clothes into the washing machine on the hottest water setting. Use good laundry detergent like Tide if you can.
5. You may have to send the load through a couple times and use some good-smelling fabric softener to get rid of the oily smell from the WD-40.
6. Do not dry any of the clothes until you are sure the crayon marks are gone. If you have any clothing that still has crayon marks, start over at step 1 and repeat until the crayon marks are gone.
7. NEVER wash a little boy's clothes in the future without checking the pockets!