The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Printable ABC Bible Memory Verses for Preschoolers

The following is a post from guest contributor Andrea.

Printable ABC Bible VersesRecently I discovered that my daughter is ready for some harder Bible memory verses than “Be ye kind” and “God is love.”  She was attending Summer Adventure Club at a friend’s church, and she would get a prize if she could learn her verse for the next day.  The verse was Romans 6:23 – “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”  We worked very hard, and sure enough – she was able to say her verse and get the prize!  I was very proud of her effort.

A few days later, I overheard her talking to herself in the car, and all of the sudden out came Romans 6:23.  Word perfect. She rattled off the whole verse, and we hadn’t even reviewed it for several days!  She then quoted it to our pastor, and her Sunday School teacher at church.  Now I knew that I needed to add some new verses to her memory book.

We will be doing a form of preschool this year, and working on alphabet and phonics.  I had seen some printable ABC memory verse cards on Pinterest, but they were not in the King James Version of the Bible.  So I decided to create my own!  These memory verse cards were designed to reinforce the alphabet, learn the phonics sound of each letter, and incorporate Bible memorization at the same time.  I created them for my daughter who is almost four.  I tried to use entire verses as much as possible.  A few of them are a little longer, but most are still short and easy.  All verses come from the King James Version.

Printable ABC Bible Verses

When children are young, they can learn and absorb information so quickly.  This is the perfect time to pour God’s Word into their hearts and lives.  Many of the verses that I can easily spit out without thinking are the ones I learned as a child.  I want my children to know and understand God’s Word so that they can say with Timothy, “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 3:15).  I tried to select verses that could be easily explained, and that would be applicable to their young lives right now.

There are two verses per sheet.  I printed them onto card stock for more durability.  I then cut each sheet in half, and laminated them.  (I use this laminator and these laminating pouches to save money).  After punching holes, I used binder rings to fashion a small book.

You can download the printable PDF file by entering your name and email address in the form below.  (Note: when you enter your email, you will also be subscribed to my newsletter.  Don’t worry; I only send out updates when I want to tell you something I think you’ll really want to hear — and of course you’re free to unsubscribe at any time, although I hope you’ll stick around!)

Name:
Email:

*Note: The download will be delivered to the email address that you enter.  Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it. *

I hope they are a blessing as you use this as a tool to infuse God’s Word into your little one!

Printable ABC Bible Verses

Note from MaryEllen:  If you use these printables, would you take a minute to leave a comment thanking Andrea for taking the time to create them and share them with all of us?

About Andrea Hamilton

Andrea is a stay-at-home-mom in Brooklyn, New York. She and her husband are on deputation to raise support for a church-planting ministry in the Bronx, New York City. She has four "littles", Elaine 4 years old}, Nolan {3 years old}, and twins Liberty & Nehemiah {1 year old}. As an urban homemaker, Andrea is learning to live in small spaces and embrace a simple lifestyle. Her desire is to live a Spirit-filled life as she learns to be more like Christ. Andrea enjoys anything crafty, DIY projects, organizing {sometimes to excess}, digital scrapbooking, playing the piano, and a good cup of tea. You can follow her on Pinterest, or on her blogs, Random Issues and Polished Palaces.

Comments

1. MaryEllen says:

I’ll be the first to comment and say thank you! I love these!

2. Love these! These are great. Thank you for making these and also for using the KJV! :D

3. Nicole McKinney says:

Thanks so much! These are Awesome!

4. Love them! I have 4 kids 3 in school (homeschool) I plan on using these for all of them.

5. Julie Francisco says:

Thank you so much for sharing this great idea. I love them. I know some new home school moms who I can give this to as a gift.

6. Thank you so much for making these in KJV!!!

7. Christy Hamilton says:

Thank you!!! These are perfect to start out my son’s first year of homeschool. (Pre-K) :)

8. Thank you so much for making these KJB! Looked everywhere for a set!

9. Thank you for these!! I love them. I am going to do them with my 5 year old son and have my 11 year old daughter follow along! :)

10. Catherine says:

Thank You So Much! I have meaning to make a set like this for my daughter since we prefer the King James in our home but haven’t had the time. I am so excited!

11. Thank you Andrea!! These are wonderful and I looooooove that they are King James Bible :-)

12. Thanks for sharing!! I will be using these at home and church both.

13. Love, love this idea!! Thank you so much for making these and sharing. Best part is that they are KJV!! :)

14. I am excited to see these available. Abeka has a set I’ve wanted but couldn’t afford them. So, thank you.
    If anyone could tell me how to print it from my iPad, I’d appreciate it.

Grace & Peace

• Hi Kim,
      By now I’m sure someone has told you that you need to network your I-Pad to the printer. Good luck

15. I can’t tell you how thankful I am that you created these in KJV!

16. I’m so glad that everyone is enjoying these. It’s hard to find free printables in the KJV. I was going to make them for my personal use anyway, and I’m glad I was able to share it with many of you for your children.

• Tracey Roberts says:

Thank you! Like all the other posters, it is awesome to find these in KJV! If you ever do full-page verses with graphics, I would be thrilled to purchase a pdf from you! Again, thank you so much for sharing!

17. THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what I’ve been searching for! You just can’t seem to find the KJV anywhere. They are so great!

18. These are great! Thank you for sharing!

19. Wow KJV! Wonderful.

20. Thanks for sharing! Been praying about how to teach my smart 3 1/2 year old more Bible! With a 1 year old and newborn twins this is a huge help :)

21. thank you so much! ive been wanting to buy these but never was able to. PTL for a free set. You are a blessing to us and all our children! I’m going to print a copy for home and for the church nursery!! Thanks again!!! May God bless your hard work! :)

22. Jen Swaringen says:

Wish these were around when I was homeschooling a preschooler! FINALLY KJV!!! Will pin for future reference! Thanks!!!

23. Thank You very much!

24. Thanks for the abc memory cards, My son Josiah is already memorizing them. He was so happy when I printed them for him. We pastor New Generation Church in Sofia, Bulgaria. Blessings!!! Debby

25. Thank you! This will be a perfect gift for my little angel!!!

26. Thank you so much!

27. Thanks so much!!! These are great!

28. Thank you so much for these wonderful cards!!!! I can’t wait until my little one is old enough to recite and memorize scripture.

29. Thank you so much! I teach our toddler Sunday school and have been wondering what we are missing. I think these would be excellent for teaching them memory verses along with the alphabet. I may even make extra copies and send them home with their parents for use at home. Wonderful! :)

30. Thank you so much for taking the time to make these up and for sharing them for free.

31. Leslie Wine says:

I love these!! I will use these next school year with my preschool class to go along with the letter of the week that we will be learning. I would love to use them this year, but school is almost over and we are already at the letter T.

32. Carolina B says:

Thanks for this! Just this past week was thinking about trying to put something like this together since I had found none that were KJV! Thanks for working so hard on these and providing them for free!

33. Francis D says:

Thank you for your precious time in making these. I will be using these with my two and four year old sons. Thank you again.

34. Sarah Santoro says:

Thank you so much! I cannot wait to put this together for my son!

35. Christy says:

I have been searching for Bible verse cards that I can incorporate in my child’s daily calendar work and I wanted KJV. I was so excited to see your verse cards and I entered my email address but I have not received anything yet to download.
    Could you tell me what I need to do?
    Sincerely,
    Christy

• MaryEllen Bream says:

Hi Christy,
      There were some errors going on in the back end of my site and it was not sending out any emails. It’s all fixed now, so you should be able to enter your email again and receive the download without any problems! Thanks for your patience.

36. Thanks so much for making these… exactly what I was looking for!

37. Thanks for sharing these…I’ve been searching for a pack of ABC scripture verse cards in KJV for a while. There are plenty with other versions on them out there and available, but not what I wanted. What a blessing it is to find these :) Thanks again!

38. Thank you for the KJV cards. I appreciate you offering them for free download. I will get a lot of use out of these cards. Keep hiding The Word in those little hearts.

39. I am looking forward to adding these to my children’s school year!

40. Thank you for these, I will use them with the kids this year.
    Linda
    Faithful Acres Books & More

41. Love these! So thrilled to find something that is KJV!! Thanks!

42. Thanks so much for sharing these! I have been wanting to start teaching my son memory verses, but I wasn’t sure where to start. These are perfect.

43. These will make a lovely gift for my nephew. Thank you.

44. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will be using these to make a set for each of my grandchildren – and for my SS class. You are so kind to share. God bless you.

45. THANK YOU! I’m excited to use these with my littles, and wish I had used memory verses with my bigs when they were this small.

46. Thank you! I will make these books for my grandchildren!

47. Thanks for sharing these beautiful Scriptures!! :D

48. Thank you so much! I can’t wait to use these!

49. THank you so much for sharing!

50. Thank you! Our children are little sponges for information at that age, and what a fantastic idea to help them soak up Bible verses! I’ve shared this page with all the moms & pops in our church parents’ group.

51. Thanks so much for these great printables! I’m planning to link to this post of yours in an upcoming post of my own next month (around October 6th). I don’t have a huge following yet, but hopefully I can share some of them with you. :)

52. Thank you so much for sharing the verse cards! I will be using them in Sunday School tomorrow. May God bless you!

53. Khanh Hang says:

thank you very much. It is cool

Trackbacks

1. […] Imperfect Homemaker has printable ABC Memory Verses for […]

2. […] Imperfect Homemaker has printable ABC Memory Verses for […]

3. […] these free printable ABC Bible memory verses for preschoolers at Imperfect Homemaker.  The memory verse cards are in King James […]

4. […] Kids: Wild Edibles : From honeysuckles to grape leaves, foraging for your own food is fun! 13. Printable ABC Memory Verses : Because really, couldn’t we all use to memorize some useful scripture […]

5. […] Imperfect Homemaker to download these FREE printable ABC Memory Verses for […]