Valentine's Day is coming up SOON!
I try to make Valentines for my kids to give out that have a Bible verse or other scriptural theme.
This year I've come up with these Bible Verse Valentines that feature Proverbs 17:17
What you'll need:
When you join the Imperfect Homemaker email community, you'll also receive instant access to these printable Valentines!
Other Valentine printables:
Thank you to everyone who helped with suggestions for the back-to-school survival kit for college students!
I decided to go with a “self-care” theme, and I'm excited to show you what I included!
The other things I added in were:
Cosmetic Bag filled with toiletries, essential oils, lip balm, lip gloss, nail polish, lotion
Prepaid gift card
I know this was a girly package, but for guys, you could do pretty much the same thing; just trade out the items for a manly version and trade the Schick Quattro disposable razors for one of the men's varieties.
I hope this self-care package will help brighten up a rough college day, and I hope you got some ideas of how you can create a nice back-to-school gift for a college student you know!
(Don't forget you or a student you know can still enter the Schick Summer Selfie sweepstakes and be entered to win $10,000 toward college tuition! Details here.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I've compiled these ideas based on his current interests, so if you're wondering whether the 4 year old in your life would truly like these, I know my little guy would definitely say yes!
These would really be appropriate for kids anywhere between age 3 and 5.
You can find purchasing information for each item by clicking on its photo below.
1. Ride-on motorcycle
We are SO into motorcycles at our house, and a ride-on would absolutely MAKE HIS DAY!
2. The bounce house would definitely be one of those big splurge gifts. When you consider how many endless hours of fun it would provide it would pay for itself in the long run.
3. Castle blocks
This is something that we already own (it was a previous gift) and it gets a lot of use by my (almost) 4 year old.
Every boy needs a set of wheels! A scooter is the perfect riding toy for a child who can't yet ride a bike.
5. Bouncy Ball
This is another toy we already own which gets HOURS AND HOURS of use!
6. Baseball pitcher and tee
This is about the age where my boys start showing an interest in sports. A tee is perfect for getting them started and then they will have the automatic pitcher for when theyare a little more advanced.
His older brother just got one and I know he would get a kick out of having his own. What is so fascinating about these I don't know, but they seem to love watching them scurry around. They like to make mazes for them out of blocks!
8./9. Soccer ball and goal
It is so cute to watch kids this age kick a soccer ball! They can get pretty good when they practice! My little guy wants to play on a team at the Y as soon as we will let him.
10. Kiwi Crate subscription
We got a sample box and we all loved it (including mom!) It was the perfect thing for doing a project without wearing out a small attention span. Mom loved it because we did a project without dragging out thousands of supplies. Having the exact amount of supplies meant that once the project was completed, the mess was already cleaned up.
One fun thing we like to do with the kids at Valentine's Day is have them give a small gift to their grandparents.
This year, we were given the opportunity to pick out some things at Family Christian to make a small gift basket for them.
We found a plaque in the clearance section that will go nicely in Grandma's newly painted kitchen! We also found some lovely notecards with the words to “Great is they Faithfulness” on them.
For Grandpa, we found Valentine's Day chocolates with Bible verses on them and a coffee cup to go with it.
But of course the part that Grandparents love the best is the pictures of their grandkids!
Everything we do around here has to be super-simple, but we strive for cuteness all at the same time!
So I snapped one “regular” picture of the kids and glued it onto construction paper. I wrote We Love You…
That was the front of the card.
For the inside of the card, I snapped a picture of the kids holding their arms open wide, glued it to the inside, and wrote “This Much!”
I am sure Grandma and Grandpa are going to love their gift from the kids!
Thanksgiving is just a couple days away. Things will slow down around here from now till Christmas. I'll be posting a bit here and there, but I really want to focus on just relaxing, spending time with my family, and meditating on God's goodness.
I hope you all are are having a stress-free holiday season so far! It's not about having everything decorated perfectly or making the most-complimented dishes for the parties you attend. Let go of expectations that rob you of the joy you will have when you meditate on the blessings God has given you.
Now, I don't want to take anything away from what Thanksgiving or Christmas is all about. I don't want to encourage you to focus on things.
I hope you don't go crazy and buy tons of things at Christmas just for the sake of buying them.
But the fact of the matter is
1. We are all shopping for the few gifts that we are planning to give
2. We would all like to pay the lowest prices possible for those things
3. Right now is when the best sales are.
I have been pointing out some of the best deals on my Facebook page, but there are tons more that I could mention but haven't for the sake of not seeming like all I care about is more things.
Do you want to see all the insane deals I find, though? Just during the big sale season from now till Christmas, I'll be sending out emails in real time as I find the lowest prices on things. If you want to see all the deals, here's how it will work:
1. Sign up with your email address and I'll put you on a special “Christmas deals” email list.
2. I will send out multiple emails a day with each crazy deal I find.
3. I will put the actual deal in the subject line so you can decide whether you want to open it or simply delete. (Example: Lincoln Logs Set $11.99)
4. After Christmas I will delete the email list so you don't have to worry about receiving tons of deal emails all year. (Unless you want to. (?) Let me know what you'd like to see happen with that.)
What kinds of things are you looking for? Let me know so I can keep that in mind as I'm sending out emails!
Do you often think to yourself, “Oh no. What am I going to have to figure out how to get rid of now?” when someone gives you a gift? Sometimes you'd rather not get a gift at all when it's not something you need and it will only create more clutter in your house. Use this list to help you give ideas to would-be gift givers and to help you figure out what to give other ladies in your life! (And you can conveniently share it on Facebook for your husband to see. 😉 )
1. Restaurant Gift Cards – great for date nights or errand days
2. Etsy Gift Card – if you're wanting a specific accessory or home accent you'll be able to shop for exactly what you like.
3. Music/Audio- A voucher for some new music downloads, audiobooks, or dramatized stories to play as she does her housework is practical and clutter-free.
4. Weekend Away – A couple nights at a bed and breakfast with babysitting lined up would be an amazing gift for a husband to give his wife.
5. Tickets to concerts, events, museums, etc. are great for date nights
6. Gift certificates – perhaps for a massage, manicure, or hair salon
7. A Kindle or Nook – (I love my Kindle Fire.)
8. Digitizing old photos and videos- this is something many women would like to have done but hesitate to do it on their own due to the price.
9. Something needed – New vacuum, replace old kitchen or bath towels, etc. (Check out our Christmas Gift Guide for some great suggestions on things like Norwex cleaning cloths and DoTerra essential oils.)
10. Outside plants – shrubs, trees, blueberry bushes, etc.
11. Home improvement or home décor gift cards
13. Food gifts – cater to their dietary needs or to their favorite foods (gluten free, tea lover, coffee lover, chocolate lover, etc.)
14. YMCA/gym membership – only if she's expressed a desire for one! You don't want her to think you're dropping hints!
15. New cell phone – an upgrade would be a fun surprise
16. AAA membership
17. Home-cooked meals for the freezer – this might sound boring but it would be heavenly to a busy homemaker!
18. Maid service gift certificates – need I say more?
19. Offer your time and services – painting a room, fixing a computer, cleaning out and organizing a garage, etc.
20. Menu planning service – (Build a Menu is my favorite. If you hurry, you can get a full year for $35 with promo code BAMfor35.)
21. Amazon Prime – This is sooo nice to have! Free 2 day shipping on every day items like groceries and diapers saves tons of time and stress. It's wonderful not to have to drag a bunch of kids to the store for those things.
22. Online class – If there's something she's been wanting to learn you can find online classes for almost anything. Craftsy is a good place to get classes on all kinds of things like cake decorating, sewing, photography and more.
23. Photo gifts – Women are sentimental creatures. Photo gifts are perfect. I have found that Tiny Prints has some very tasteful designs on their photo gifts.
24. Other sentimental gifts – For example, pay someone to make a quilt from sentimental articles of clothing.
25. This one is for you to decide! Let's put additional ideas in the comments so everyone can benefit!