What Can You Give Mom or Grandma for Mother’s Day? 50 Plus Ideas
Are you wondering what to Give Mom or Grandma for Mother's Day?
You can find 50 plus ideas below.
Special thanks to my mom for taking the time to post tons of gifts ideas for Mother's Day! It's nice to get inside a Mother's head and know for sure exactly what she'd like!
I am blessed to be a mother. I am more blessed because my children love and honor me as they are taught to do from God's Word. I am even more blessed because I am also a grand mother. And I feel I am even more blessed because at this point, God has allowed all my children and grand children to be near me! Wow! Now what a responsibility I have to be a godly example to them and to teach them the things of the Lord.
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
By God's grace and mercy, I am blessed with children who love the Lord with all their hearts and are working at training their children to do the same. As Mary pondered all these things in her heart (Luke2:19), so I often do with wonder and amazement. I pray daily and earnestly that all my grandchildren will be saved and will have a deep and burning desire to serve the Lord Jesus with all their hearts. So, children and grandchildren, are you wondering what special gift you can give your mom or grandmom this year? Give the Lord your heart and I promise, that will be a special gift and probably the best gift ever for your mother or grandmother.
The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.
Our children are the only “thing” that we can take with us to eternity and I am looking forward to all of them being there with me in the presence of our Savior. Have you, yourself, received the greatest gift? You can have that gift of eternal life today! It is for anyone and everyone!
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
My children and grandchildren have blessed me with many other material gifts. Many of them are treasures to my heart. Why? Because they came from people who love me and are very dear to my heart. Below is a list of some of the things I have received. Perhaps, the list (more than 50 listed below) will give you some good ideas for a mother's day gift or birthday or anniversary gift. Or if you have another idea, maybe you would like to leave your comment below so it can be added to the list.
Gifts from my grandchildren
- These gifts are usually Pictures and Notes and Paper crafts – I usually save these for a while and often display them in a card holder or on the frig. And then I take pictures of them and put them in a memory file on my computer. I cannot save piles and piles of paper. There may be a few that I will actually save and put in a physical file.
- Some other gifts include: hand painted bird houses, little trophies and trinkets, clay hand sculptures, finger print oranaments, balloons and flowers, souvenirs from other countries (my son is a missionary to Brazil)
- Here is a collage collection of some of the notes/ cards/ gifts/ that I have received from my grandchildren.
- Pictures and picture frames – I guess in a sense you can never have enough. This would be a nice one! And I really love this one given to me at Christmas
- Tea Pots – I used to collect these so have received several. I stopped the collection because I could not handle anymore, but I keep them displayed because they remind me of those I love and the love they showed to me. Maybe you could find some Cute Teapots Here.
- Scripture Plaques and Bible Verse Wall Art
- Plants and Flowers
- Scented Candles
- Clothing/Accessories (that is purses or Jewelry)
- Wall art – Until I backed up THIS SAYING with the Bible, I really did not care for it too much, but now I do!
- Dishes i.e. decorative type dishes, trays or bowls
- Cards with personal notes
- Personalized items as in door mats, monograms, or flags ( love my Grandpa and Grandma flag!)
- Photo gifts such as pillows, afghans, mugs, mouse pads, and coasters filled with pictures of the grandchildren. I received a photo mug from my children who are missionaries in Brazil and really like it. As I drink my coffee from it each morning, it reminds me to pray diligently for my children and grandchildren. My daughter also gave me a photo pillow filled with pictures of her children. I keep it on my bed and it has helped me to pray for them often. You can see a similar produce here: Our Family Photo Pillow
- Music CD's – Here is a special Music CD because it came from my daughter and her husband. But it is even more special because it is Christ honoring music and it is obvious that that messengers in music were spirit filled as they were singing! So not only am I blessed by listening to someone I love sing, but my soul is also blessed and uplifted!
- Gift cards to favorite restaurants and stores
Gifts from my husband
- Digital Frame How fun is this! I love mine!
- Plants, Trees, Flowers (outside)
- CD player This is a great gift for the one who is in the kitchen a lot! Keep that good music going or your favorite radio station.
- Electronics – This grandma loves electronics and I am so thankful for all I have – cell phone, lap top, tablet, desktop, mp3 player, digital camera, digital video camera, and even a Kindle! Wow! I am blessed. I just need to be careful that I don't make idols of them and that I use them all for the right reason.
- Ebooks – Now that you have that Kindle, you will want to fill it up with ebooks. Don't forget to get a copy of the Bible. Then look for some other good books. Often you can get many ebooks free!
- Wall Decor
- A New House 🙂 I am blessed to have a brand new home; My husband built most of it with his own hands.
- Photo bookshelf
- Appliances – HERE is one appliance that my husband got me that has lasted now for several years and I could not do without! It is worth the money and pays for itself. I use it daily several times a day!
- Better jewelry – One of my favorite bracelets has the birthstones of all the grandchildren. It is very pretty. This one is similar to what I have.
- Piano and keyboard
Here is another collage picture of some of my favorite things:
Gifts I have given my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law is the only mother that I have left on earth. My mom, grandmom, grandmom-in-law and great grandparents are all in heaven. I miss seeing them and giving them gifts, but I am blessed with the gift of the promise of seeing them all again one day and spending all eternity together.
Many of the gifts I give my mother-in law come from Christian Book Distributors. I can order online and have them shipped directly to her. She has been very happy with these items and they do offer some great gift ideas. You can see some of the ideas in the pictures below.
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
- Purses/totes – She loves them!
- Pictures/Digital Frame filled with family pictures
- Clothing and Jewelry – Find out some of her favorite things. For instance, my mother-in-law loves cardinals so that always makes nice wall décor or even Christmas clothing.
- Bird houses
- Wall Decor – Something I recently made and gave her was this: You can read more about it HERE.
She loved it! She has since had more great grandchildren. The nice thing about this project is that I can print another one and she can easily replace the first one by swapping them out.
Below is a list of places you may be able to find a special gift for that special mom or grandmom in your life.
|Family Photo Pillow Decorator pillow is also a photo frame and a beautiful gift to give. 9″ square linen and cotton pillow is embroidered and includes a ribbon-trimmed sleeve to display your best 4″ x 6″ horizontal photo.|
|Chevron Tote Bag – Patterned chevron stitch bag with faux leather trim and rolled double handles; zip top closure, interior slip pocket. Bag is fully lined; 14.5″ x 12″ x 5.5″; roomy and stylish; professional fashion accessory.|
|Mom Mug – mug for Mom with printed Scripture verse in stylistic typography design. 14 ounces; white mug with blue lined inside. Boxed in color gift box.|
|Door Mat, As for Me and My House Grey Inspirational doormat for the Christian home displays the best-loved Scripture quote from Joshua 24:15, with decorative scroll trim and non-skid rubber backing. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord on polyester black felt mat; 27.5″ x 17.5″; may be spot cleaned. Upscale design for today's Christian decor, suitable for indoor and outdoor use.|
|Mom I Love You Photo FrameUnique photo frame in bronze tones is perfect for mom's dresser, shelf, or any room in the home.Overall dimensions are 8″ x 5″ x .5″|
|Mom, He Gave Me You Memo Pad and Pen SetUnique and special gift for mom, perfect for birthday, mother's day, or any occasion. Green memo pad with pen; front floral design with heartfelt sentiment. 80 page pad; measures 3″x 4.25″.Mom, I've learned so many things from you, what to say and what to do, but most of all you taught me who loves me even more than you. So thank you, Mom, for now I see how faith in God has strengthened me. I know how much He loves me, too, because dear Mom, He gave me you!|
|Mother's Daily Prayer JournalClassy gift journal with the look and feel of soft leather is debossed just for mom, a keepsake place to record her prayers.Days are full and time is short, but it only takes a few minutes to fill in the date, the day's prayer requests and answers, plus a few lines for a thought or words of praise to God. Undated, so you can use on your own schedule, each page is banded in designer trim; an inspiring quote or Bible verse is displayed across each page spread.Book is 8″ x 6″, with satin ribbon marker; a beautiful gift journal worthy of a mother's prayers.|
|Quilted Purse, Joshua 1:9, Black and WhiteFashion tote bag, Traveler size, in quilted black and white print with double handles and roomy interior for all your essentials. Fastens securely with button flap over zippered closure. Features include two inside slip pockets, one secure inside zipper pocket and a zippered pocket on the back. 15″ x 12″ x 5″. Embroidered Scripture quote inside the bag God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9. Designed by Nicole Brayden; from the Contrast line at Divinity Boutique.|
|Sing to the Lord Mini Mounted PrintMounted art print with Scripture quote, elegant wall decor and home accent, has the appearance of stretched canvas and adds beauty to even a small area of your room. 6.25″ x 2.5″ x .75″; inscripted: Sing To The Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things. Psalm 98:1.|
|Praise the Lord Flag – Hummingbird flag design with Scripture verse quote, designed by Karla Dornacher in bright, contemporary design; Praise the Lord flag with Bible verse from Psalm 150:6. let everything that has breath praise the Lord..|
|Trust in the Lord with All Thine Heart Decorative Wall Lettering– Add a decorator touch to your home decor with our inspirational wall vinyl lettering in stylistic font with heart embellishment Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Proverbs 3:5. May be applied to a window, wall, mirror, or just about any smooth surface!|
|Vinyl Wall Expression, Cross, Names of JesusAdd a decorator touch to your home decor with our inspirational wall vinyl lettering in stylistic font, featuring names of Jesus collage in unique cross design. May be applied to a window, wall, mirror, or just about any smooth surface! Approximately 24″ x 18″; removable; easy instructions included.|
Still need more ideas? There are some great ideas HERE.
Well, I guess that about wraps it up. As I walk through my house I am overwhelmed with all the lovely treasures that have been bestowed upon me, but once again, it makes me thankful for the love that is shown to this mother through all of them.
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.